Call For Applications now open: African German Entrepreneurship Academy Summer School 2019 in Rwanda
Musanze and Kigali from 5th – 15th of August 2019
The African German Entrepreneurship Academy will conduct an Entrepreneurship Summer School with participants from Ghana, Rwanda and Germany in August 2019 in Rwanda.
Do you want to discuss and improve your business idea with students from Rwanda and Ghana?
As students of Leipzig University you can apply individually or as a group of up to 3 students by sending
◊ Your idea presentation in a short in power-point that ideally follows the structure of the business model canvas by Osterwalder (More information on the business model canvas)
◊ Your motivation letter – Why is the exchange with students from Rwanda and Ghana beneficial to your idea?
◊ Your CV
until 28th of March to firstname.lastname@example.org
Besides the training, the summer school includes the flight from Germany to Kigali and local transportation to Musanze, accommodation, some meals, visa, and excursions. Vaccinations and health insurance are at your own responsibility!
Download announcement of call
Your idea presentation should answer the following questions:
- Which customer problem does your product or service solve?
- Who are your customers?
- How do you address/reach your customers?
- Which channels do you use to get your service/products to your customers?
- What is your product or service?
- What are your key ressources?
- What are your key activities?
- Who are your key partners?
- What causes costs in your business model?
- What creates revenue?
For further assistance with regard to the application do not hesitate to contact Robert Meyer : email@example.com.
For with regard to the development of your business idea you can either contact Robert Meyer or SMILE.
The summer school is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), with financing provided by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
AGEA offers market research and business advisory support for German businesses in developing access to African markets. Furthermore we organise trainings for individuals who want to be representatives for German or international companies in Africa. African students in Germany and Africa are connected with German companies via our Doing Business in Africa Events in order to support hands- on market development projects.
- Export Manager Training (Brochure)
- Startup Night – focus on African entrepreneurship
- Market research for German companies interested in Africa
Training, coaching and mentoring entrepreneurs and Implementation of entrepreneurship promotion in Germany. Through the SMILE initiative incubator, startups developed for Africa are supported to develop competitive business models. The businesses are registered in both Germany and abroad.
Examples of business:
- Africa works – https://www.africaworks.eu/
- Kolikowear – http://kolikowear.com
- Interns valley – https://internsvalley.com/
- Akwaba Afrika – https://akwaba-afrika.de/
- Happy Cup – https://www.happycup-online.com/
AGEA offers a training program for entrepreneurship facilitators in our partner higher educational institutions in Africa. The program is based on a concept for the establishment of university based entrepreneurship promotion.
We introduce well-tested coaching tools and mentoring approaches to support startups that emerge out of academic research and teaching. At the university of Leipzig SMILE applies those tools in 60 trainings per year. During the last 12 years SMILE has effectively assisted 450 Startups in Germany.
- Trainer of Trainers workshops
- Business Start-up Summer Schools